onsdag 16. februar 2011

My little pony...

Makes my day! Even on monday, when I got jumped by the flu', Karisma managed to make me laugh my heart out. She's a funny, little horse. And it's great to see how her "personality" (horsonality?) unfolds as I get to know her. She has her weird little habits, as do I, and she is really affectionate. She is respecful towards me (at least when I'm on the ground), as I treat her with utter respect my self. Like all other living things.

Today I woke up late, and as I tried to shake off my fever, I noticed one of my green plants on my bedroom had gone partially yellow. I felt really bad! My conscience doesn't allow me to forget even a little plant, so my waterbottle and I jumped to the resque. Literally jumping out of that fever. Nothing like a little guilt to make you wake up faster. Anyways, now it smells like dirt and forest in my room. Guess that's a good sign.

I also got some really good advice for my trip to Greenland, by someone who's actually from there. And a former coworker has made that exact trip he suggested, so I got to see some pictures on Facebook as well. That is the perfect trip! 14 days or less in the rocky mountains on Greenland's coast...I'll have to bring some company though. Either that, or I have to learn how to use a map and a compass, use a stove, put up a tent, perform first aid on my self, and manouver a GPS. Luckily I have a friend who's a former girl scout. Hope I manage to persuade her to accompany me! She is like Lars Monsen in the woods. At least compared to me, haha. But seriously, I'm not that incapable. I can manage. And I don't plan on going alone! So I'll just have to scare up somebody. I actually had a potentially partner in crime, but she went off and got pregnant on me. So I guess she's out ;)

I have so many thoughts and questions about the Greenlandic way of life. Wish I had more than 2 weeks to go there... I read about an orphanage there once, I would really like to go there as well. I want to do something like Jeevani did for the children in Estonia, something that actually matters to someone else. It can be so easy to do, but it can have such an impact on those involved. She engaged some friends, and collected an entire truckload of winter clothing and toys for the children at an orphanage there. That matters. Just DOING something for someone.



Sometimes I feel like we just live in our own little bubble here. My life hasn't been easy in many years (until now), but still I feel incredible lucky compared to people other places on this earth. Let me take you through all the clichés that are all true:

I have a roof over my head and a bed to sleep in.
I have food to cover (almost) every meal.
I have a family that loves me and supports me in every way possible.
I have friends that do the same.
I have an education (one of which I don't use), and more one on the way.
I have a job that pays all my bills.
I have a closet full of clothes I seldom wear.
I have several hobbies, all of which I pay for.
I have the luxury of taking various kinds of courses, both for my education and for fun.
I have clean water in my house.
I am planning a trip to another country, that will for sure cost me, but still for my own pleasure/development.
I can plan such trips just because.
If I ever end up on the street, I can move back in with my parents. Not an option for everyone.
I have more than 10 pairs of shoes.
I eat "superfoods" in addition to regular foods, because I can pay for them.
I pay to work out.
I get to ride the bus/tram/subway/train everywhere I want to go.

And you know what? I SO APPRECIATE ALL OF IT! Many of these things have been things I have had to work hard to attain, but I still get them a lot easier than people other places in the world.


That kind of forces me to give something to other people/animals. I can, therefore I have to. Otherwise I would just feel like a spoiled brat. My conscience constantly forces me to reevaluate my view on the world. So I force my self to make a change, make a difference. Maybe I could do more than I already do, but then I'll just have to work on it. In the mean time, I cover my surroundings with a little love, joy and me.

That's what I've got.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar